Dr. Vivek K. Pandey
Professor of Finance
"The only surefire way to better yourself is through effort and diligence."
Dr. Vivek K. Pandey is a finance professor at UT Tyler. He teaches finance courses in the online MBA program at UT Tyler. Dr. Pandey is also an avid researcher.
- DBA – Mississippi State University
- MBA – Western Carolina University
- Bachelor of Commerce – Andhra University
Actively publishes in scholarly journals
Tenured since 2002
Which classes do you teach online?
FINA 5320: Advanced Financial Management
Why did you start teaching?Two reasons:
- The satisfaction I receive from enlightenment of students is extremely rewarding.
- The best way to stay abreast of advances in my chosen field of finance was to teach it and conduct academic research.
What's the best advice that you ever received?
Keep your expectations high, but manageable.
What's the best advice that you could give your students?
Different people are dealt different hands in life. Regret or envy does not help the situation. Luck can help, but you cannot depend on it. The only surefire way to better yourself is through effort and diligence. Start by working hard in your classes :)